Playbar will not play

• 13 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
My playbar has been dropping my TV audio. It has been doing it today all day. I have also tried to play Pandora and I get no sound. The speakers grouped with it will play the TV audio. My diagnostic number is 126502693. Please help. I am about to get a center channel for another room and I can’t justify a Sonos if I can’t fix these issues.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Imackedanz

I'm not a Sonos engineer nor a Community moderator....just another member like you. I reviewed your previous posts all of which seem to come back in one way or another to your Playbar. Here's my simple unscientific suggestion...swap out the TosLink (optical cable) for a new one and see if the drop-outs persist. If not you'll know that the previous cable was defective. If the problem continues hopefully you can return the cable for a refund or maybe use it elsewhere. Just an idea :?

PS
Rather than buy a another cable maybe you have another in use elsewhere that you can experiment with???

Cheers!
Badge +1
I had thought about as well but if that was the problem, it should have played pandora but that didn’t play either.
Userlevel 7
OK...Since you have submitted a diagnostic and posted the reference ID I suggest You call Sonos tech support to work with them in real time. Good luck!

Cheers!