Answered

Playbar will not detect Apple Siri Remote

• 30 November 2017
  • 4 replies

My Apple TV 4K (5 gen.) remote will not connect to my Playbar. The Apple Remote have no mute button wich make pairing the device impossible.. Is there any work arounds?

I’ve tried all these following steps with no success:
https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4043/~/programming-your-apple-tv-4th-gen-remote-to-control-the-playbar-or-playbase

Edit: I’ve managed to connect Siri remote, by using a different remote when told to push the mute button. BUT the remote will only turn the volume up! No mather if I push «+» or «-« the Playbar responds by turning the volume up!!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 4 December 2017, 20:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Roaxer. Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Some customers in the Community with similar issues had to change a setting in the Apple TV to "control the receiver by IR" and not set to Auto (which it is by default). Additionally, try re-associating the remote now that you have used another remote for the mute command.

Let us know the results!
Thanks for your reply!

I’ve already done both with no luck.. It seems like The Playbar recives the signal but it interpret volume up and down as the same signal. So the result is that im only able to turn the volume up with the remote and have to use the app to turn the volume down...

My girlfriend almost had an heartattack when i forgot to tell her about it..

Any other suggestions?
I have the same issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Roaxer & spierp: If you are still having problems with the Apple TV 4K (5th gen) remote controlling the volume, you will want to give our support technicians a call. That way they can dig through the menu structure with you in real time and take a closer look at getting the Siri remote to work with the PLAYBAR. When you have a moment to troubleshoot, give us a call. Thank you for your patience.