Question

Playbar WiFi connected to TV but no sound

• 13 January 2018
  • 3 replies

We’ve had this set-up and working properly previously, but had to disconnect from power. I thought pluggging it back in would Re-connect everything but that hasn’t happened. Nothing else has changed! The app recognizes the playbar, and it plays music, but no tv sound. It was never hard wired. Any thoughts?
Diagnostic # 9359875

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, rr13. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. The PLAYBAR can only receive a signal from the TV by being physically connected with an optical audio cable. If you plug the TV into the PLAYBAR, are you able to hear TV audio?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
The setup you're referring to, as far as I'm aware (and I think I'm safe to assume I speak for nearly everyone else on these boards) , is 100% impossible. The Playbar is designed to output TV audio only when it receives the signal through its optical port. That said, technology is weird and you're saying it worked, so I'm inclined to believe you, but it's very hard to fathom a solution for something I didn't know was feasible. Can you give any detail on how you had initially set it up?
There is simply no possibility of playing the TV audio without an optical connection. It is of course possible for the Playbar to operate perfectly without a wired network connection, which is perhaps what the OP meant.