Playbar volume control using LG Magic Remote and Sky remote

• 7 February 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Playbar volume control using LG Magic Remote and Sky remote

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi everyone After a many attempts at trial and error I have found a solution where I can change the volume of my Playbar using both my LG TV Magic Remote and the Sky Remote. 1. First set up your Magic Remote to control your Playbar a) Go to device connector on WebOs on your tv then select the add soundbar option b) When you get to the remote settings, select "Philiips" c) Select "Remote Type 4" d) Go to the Sonos App on your smart phone and find option for room settings, then select room with your playbar, then select "TV setup and control", then select "Remote Control Setup" and follow the options to enable your Magic Remote to control the volume of the playbar. e) Your Magic Remote should now control the sound on your Playbar! 2) Now set up your Sky remote to control your Play Bar a) Hold down buttons select+0 on the sky remote until the red light blinks twice b) Enter code 1701 c) The arrow buttons on the sky remote should now control the volume on your Playbar d) To enable the volume control buttons to work, hold select+1 on the sky remote until the red light blinks twice. The volume control and mute buttons should now control your playbar (the arrow buttons will now control the volume on your TV if your tv speakers are still enabled). To swap volume/arrow buttons around hold select+2 . Hope that helps! Tom
Genius! This works! Thank you!
You sir, are a rock star!
Thanks so much for posting this in so much detail!
Not being able to control the volume of the playbar using the magic remote and sky remote was driving me mad! I agree with the first two comments, you are both a Genius and a Rock Star! Thank you!