Playbar to Arc upgrade with curved ceiling

• 24 October 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve seen some posts here about cathedral or vaulted ceilings, but was curious if any of the experts here had any thoughts about my situation.

I have a Playbar, and added a Sub and Ones to make a surround system. I’ve been pretty happy with it, but was curious about upgrading to the Arc, especially with a 15% upgrade discount.

The tricky part is that the system is in an open-plan space with a curved ceiling that tops out at about 12 ½ ft. (see the attached image). 

Would I expect to get no Atmos effect because of the atypical ceiling shape/height?

If the Atmos features won’t really work with my setup, is there a significant reason to upgrade from Playbar to Arc? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

While you might not get the best Atmos effects, you would have to play around with the height channels... I can tell you that the sound from movies on the arc is miles better than the playbar. Music not so much and there's arguements that the playbar may even sound better for music (might all change when Atmos audio comes into play soon), but if watching a lot of TV/movies I'd personally go for it.