Question

playbar switch between tv and music.

• 22 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

when I try to switch from playing music to the tv I can’t just select the browse > tv option. I have to go in and turn off the play bar from the speaker group. Select the play bar room. Turn it to tv. Then select the playbar that is ok the tv and re-select all the speakers to get them on the same audio. Is this a glitch on the Sonos app or is it supposed to be this difficult?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rootsandwater, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern, I;ll also ask if have you tried the TV Autoplay feature, This feature is found within the Sonos app by navigating to Settings > System > [Home Theater Room] > TV Autoplay. Or  are you trying to play TV sounds on all speakers by grouping it all together?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hello, yes I have the TV auto play feature. It works just fine. My issue is I have 6 speakers grouped together and I can’t easily switch between the tv audio and music… you would think that I could go to browse > tv and the tv would play but when I select it nothing happens. I have to turn off the main playbar attached to the tv, reselect it, play the tv on it, then switch all speakers over to that room. It is a complicated processes….

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Rootsandwater, thanks for the update and the information that you provided. For us to further check on your setup. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.