Answered

Playbar sound

• 24 November 2020
  • 2 replies

We have our player attached to the bottom of out tv. It is in good working order. It seems as tho we have a hard time hearing people talking while watching tv in the evenings. Our playbar is set up in a huge room with 13 ft ceilings, hardwood floors and only leather furniture. It is open to our kitchen as well. Wondering what additional system would be good to add to get a better sound?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 November 2020, 16:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Rather than additional speakers, I’d be looking at the typeof signal that is being sent to the PLAYBAR. If it is only stereo, then there would definitely be some opportunity to get better sound, by ensuring what is sent is Dolby Digital. That will activate the center channel, which is where most of the ‘voice’ activity is carried. 

I’d also be looking at both the speech enhancement FAQ and the night mode FAQ. 

It’s unlikely that adding any speakers would have any ability to make the center channel more clear, due to the nature of the way Sonos processes a Dolby Digital signal in their software. 

Bruce,

Thank you for your help. I’ve checked everything and it seems to be set up as you talked about. I appreciate your input.

Happy holidays!

Cheers, Christine