Answered

playbar placement

• 4 February 2014
  • 6 replies

I purchased a Sonos playbar-sub and play 1 system for my living room. Best Buy geek installed and placed the play bar on a solid wooden shelf above the tv. I mentioned that was against the instructions that I had read and he insisted it was ok. Is this correct or do I need to put on the same shelf as the tv? According to instructions he is wrong and I want to get the best possble sound from this great system.
icon

Best answer by Bjorn L 10 February 2014, 12:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hello Julie,

The PLAYBAR can do both - be placed on the lower side of the TV, or above it. If the PLAYBAR is above the TV, the cable connectors should look upwards, not downwards.

Kind regards,

Björn L.
I have the same setup and have found that the best setup for me was playbar above the TV and as advised logo/plugin points facing uppermost.
Badge
If the Playbar is sat on a shelf, why does the it need to be put into an upright position? Why can’t it lie flat on its base??
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If the Playbar is sat on a shelf, why does the it need to be put into an upright position? Why can’t it lie flat on its base??

Hi Simon,

The Playbar can be placed on its feet on a shelf, or vertically on a wall.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The speaker locations are optimized for the recommended mounting orientation.
At the time that they're plugged in, oddly enough. So if you change the orientation, I'd recommend a power cycle of the speaker (speaking PLAYBAR here)