Question

PlayBar or PlayBase with Samsung TV

• 11 August 2017
  • 1 reply

I have a Samsung UE49KU6400U LED 4K Ultra HD Smart 49" TV and I want to purchase either a PlayBar or PlayBase. I cannot really sit the PlayBar in front of the TV, due to the low nature of the stand and the fact that it will partially block the TV. Because on the unusual shape of the PlayBase, I'm not sure if the feet for the stand will protrude over the edge.

Does anyone have this TV coupled with either a PlayBar or PlayBase? If so, where is the TV positioned in relation to the PlayBar or PlayBase.

I do have a Play:1 and Play:5 with a Rega turntable, so really want a Sonos option.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

A couple thoughts. If the stand is too low for sound quality, is also too low for the viewing the tv? Just wondering if you might be better off with a different stand. And of course, there is also the option to mount the tv and playbar on the wall.

However, maybe the easiest solution is to raise the tv up. In situations like this, you can place hockey pucks under the feet of the tv to raise it up a few inches so that the soundbar doesn't block the tv. I wouldn't stack more than 2 or 3 pucks, but that should be enough. You could wrap the pucks with duct tapes for a cleaner look. This was done at my mother's house, and you'd never notice the pucks unless you were looking for them.

I actually had a similar problem where the feet for the tv were wider than my stand. So I bought a board from the hardware store, stained it to match the stand (close enough) and just laid it on top of the stand. The board was wide enough for the feet and looked good. Of course, it raised the tv up slightly as well, so you could do something like that instead of pucks too.