Answered

playbar not connecting to sonos one surround speakers in TV mode.

• 28 March 2022
  • 2 replies

I have a play bar and two Sonos one surround speakers and the system was working fine for three years.  The play bar is connected directly to the tv thru the tv audio  connection. When the play bar is feed sound thru  the tv, the rear surround speakers do not work, When you listen to music thru  the app, all the speakers work.  I have tried disconnecting and re connecting the speaker and this did not help.   I have made sure the tv is in Dolby.  Is is like my play bar will not talk to the surround speakers when feed by the tv.  My next step was to do a factory reset but looking for other options?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 28 March 2022, 17:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Unbond the surround speakers from the Playbar in the Sonos app and unplug the Playbar and surround speakers from power for a couple of minutes. Then reboot your router. Then plug the speakers back in and add the surrounds to the Playbar again. Test using a source with 5.1 audio.

I was reluctant to proceed with these steps because I had done all them just not in this order.  I followed your instructions and your fix worked!  Thank you for your directions, I was on day three of trying to repair this problem.