Question

Playbar - IR remote no longer working

• 22 February 2017
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I've been using my Playbar (as a 5.1 system) for some time now and after the last update (or around that time, I am not totally sure) my IR remote no longer works. I have a Logitech Harmony Elite, where a Panasonic TV set is programmed to raise or lower volume on the Playbar. Now, when setting up the remote in the Sonos app, the volume up button (or any other button) is not recognised. I have factory reset the Playbar and re-added everything but still no luck.
Changing the volume when adding the Playbar directly to the Harmony works, but with noticeably more lag and without the white confirmation light blinking.

Any ideas or anything I could do to pinpoint the problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I've been using my Playbar (as a 5.1 system) for some time now and after the last update (or around that time, I am not totally sure) my IR remote no longer works. I have a Logitech Harmony Elite, where a Panasonic TV set is programmed to raise or lower volume on the Playbar. Now, when setting up the remote in the Sonos app, the volume up button (or any other button) is not recognised. I have factory reset the Playbar and re-added everything but still no luck.
Changing the volume when adding the Playbar directly to the Harmony works, but with noticeably more lag and without the white confirmation light blinking.

Any ideas or anything I could do to pinpoint the problem?

I have exactly the same problem, managed to reset and get it working briefly and then stopped working again. Did you find a solution? Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hey Cantello and shanecox - In both instances, it sounds like the Harmony Remote is no longer sending commands via IR, and instead it's using the Hub. If you would like to utilize IR rather than the Hub it should be easy enough to change. Once the PLAYBAR is programmed into the remote you can then update the Remote/HUB. For this step, you will need to use the Harmony App for iOS or Android as the ability to set IR control is not available on the PC/Mac interface. With the Harmony app open, select the menu icon in the top left corner, and then follow the steps below:

Select Harmony Setup > Add/Edit Devices & Activites > Remote & Hub > IR Assignments > Sonos PLAYBAR > Remote only

This should then make it so the remote will use its internal IR rather than the Hub when sending commands to the PLAYBAR.