Answered

Playbar dominates surrounds when playing music, but sounds right for movies. How do I balance them?

• 28 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
I ran the room calibration. I'd really just like the stereo pair (two ones) of speakers to play music, then the paybar, with the surrounds for TV. But even with music going though the playbar, is there a way to balance it better so the surrounds are the main source?
icon

Best answer by Chris 28 January 2018, 20:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I assume you have the system set as the rears in full mode so stereo not surrounds when playing music?
Badge
I don’t think so. Where is that?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Go to settings. Room settings. Choose playbar. Then choose advanced sound I think surround settings. Make sure not set as ambient and set as full.
Badge
Thanks. Much better now!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yea when playing music in full the playbar system is pretty nice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It will automatically switch back to being surrounds when watch tv.
Badge
I ran it for a bit. The sound is really god for music. It really fills in the room now.

I tried some movies last night. It works pretty darn good for that too.

This is my weekend place, so I keep it simple. I’d really like to ditch my receiver on my other setup. Ironically, my wife it attached to the old Bose 901s. I’ve been sick of those for a long time. Go figure.