Question

Playbar cutting out from TV. Surround speakers still work

• 17 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Optical out from TV is going into Playbar. Rear channels and all other zones play audio from TV, but not Playbar. With the amount of money I’ve spent on Sonos, and the amount of issues I have, I’m starting to think I would have been better off with Russound or Nuvo. Any suggestions to remedy the issue? Obviously the Playbar is passing audio to the other speakers, but not playing itself. I’ve had this issue intermittently for over a year. 

Diagnostic confirmation number: 2014974235

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tyler K.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue and especially your effort in submitting the diagnostic, let me help and try to figure this out.

Upon checking on the diagnostic report, the system detected errors and one of those is the home channel mismatch, wherein your system is on a mixed-mode (SonosNet and wireless). Supposedly, when one of your Sonos products is directly connected to the router via ethernet cable, it will create a dedicated network for Sonos which is called SonosNet. I see that the Boost is wired but there are speakers still connected on your Wi-Fi and not on the SonosNet.

I suggest following the steps below to try and get the error corrected:

• Try to change the SonosNet channel to the same home channel as the station mode (wirelessly connected) devices:
  • Open the Sonos app and go to Settings > System > Network > SonosNet Channel
  • (Your SonosNet system's home channel is 6 and the Station Mode system's home channel is 11, please change the SonosNet channel to 11)
  • Wait a couple of minutes for the devices to switch from Station Mode to SonosNet.
  • They should now have the same Home Channel.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions feel free to reach out, we’re always here to help.