Question

Playbar audio shows silence with Dolby digital

• 26 November 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi guys new to forum and sonos in general. I’m having an issue with my new sonos playbar transcoding DD/AC3. Currently getting no sound and any help is appreciated. To note I am using an htpc with hdmi into a hdmi and toslink splitter (link here https://www.amazon.com/TOSLINK-Optical-E...B01K7BZ1XC) with hdmi out going to TV arc hdmi port and spdif out going to playbar. I also only have playbar so far and not 5.1.

Settings on Samsung TV are external speakers and PCM audio output as that’s all it allows me to choose when selecting external speakers.

Thanks for any help as not sure if it’s the splitter, TV, Htpc, or playbar causing the issue. One final note is I have ARC deselected on the splitter as I didn’t think I wanted that if trying to just use audio through spdif...even if i turn that on it doesn’t do anything. Sonos app shows silence as the audio format.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
What’s the source you’re using? A cable box, game system, etc.?
Using a computer with MKV file