Answered

Playbar and play ones now set up for home cinema but.....?

• 1 January 2018
  • 4 replies

Purchased playbar yesterday and very happy with the set up in my small lounge. I have the playbar running with two play ones and im very pleased with the sound. Just one question. The playones are set up as part of the “home cinema” and labelled under “Lounge”. Can I also set up the playones to run music as a stereo pair under a new label “lounge 2” and will this effect the lounge tv set up with the playbar?

Hope I have explained this ok? Basically, playbar and two play ones currently set up as lounge home cinema so playing music means most coming from playbar. If I set up the playones as stereo pair and call it lounge 2 will this work or destroy the tv / home cinema settings as currently set for lounge?

Thanks all and happy new year.
icon

Best answer by Chris 1 January 2018, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What you want is to go into Settings...Room Settings.... Lounge.

choose Advanced Audio -> Surround Settings.
Select Full.

It is currently set as Ambient I assume which means when playing music the rears act still as surrounds. Setting this to Full they become a stereo pair when listening to music via app. When listening to anything via toslink connection (tv sound) they will revert back to being surrounds.
But no, they can't be (easily) set up as a second room.
Thanks Guys.

Chris, have applied the settings and all is good and sounding great.

Many thanks, Mark.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
What you want is to go into Settings...Room Settings.... Lounge.

choose Advanced Audio -> Surround Settings.
Select Full.

It is currently set as Ambient I assume which means when playing music the rears act still as surrounds. Setting this to Full they become a stereo pair when listening to music via app. When listening to anything via toslink connection (tv sound) they will revert back to being surrounds.

Hi Chris
Just a question, because I am thinking at buying the same configuration.

This configuration means that:

- for tv i cannot have multi stereo on the surround.
Meaning the surround will be silent most of the time (unless some real action movie)

- for music the playbar will be silent at all?

It seems a little bit too expensive to have speakers silent most of the time.

Maybe I don't understand correctly.

And 2 play 3 could be used instead of the play 1?

Thank you