Play Vinyl in my Home theater!

• 30 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there guys!

I'm planning to buy a turntable do play my vinyls but Im not sure if I will be able to to this with my current set:

*Sonos BEAM

*2 Sonoes One

*SUB Sonos

Do I need somthing else do "plug" a turntable in it?

tks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @diegomartins.br.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us on what Sonso device to use to integrate your turntable into your Sonos ecosystem. Allow me to share some information to help out.

What you would need is either a Sonos FiveA Sonos Port, or a Sonos Amp. These Sonos devices have a line-in port feature that would allow you to integrate your turntable into your Sonos system.

Let me share with you a topic here in the community that discussed more details about integrating a turntable to Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. Everybody is welcome here in the community.

Thanks,

Let me see if it is clear for Me….Im realy new in this world...LOL

•With the Sonos Five I will be able do connect my turntable to it. But Will I be capable to integrate this new Stereo to the rest of my Home theatre? And while playing my vinyls does the music will fill all the other devices to, or just the Sonos Five? (Wired connection)

•The Sonos Port will basicaly integrate the turntable to my current set, is the correct? (Wireless, I can position my turntable whatever I want)

tks

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @diegomartins.br.

Thanks for your immediate response.

With the Sonos Five I will be able do connect my turntable to it. But Will I be capable to integrate this new Stereo to the rest of my Home theatre? And while playing my vinyls does the music will fill all the other devices to, or just the Sonos Five? (Wired connection) You have 2 options. Once the turntable is connected to the Play 5 or Sonos Five, you ahve the option of playing the music only on the Sonos Five/Play 5, or you can use the group and ungroup feature of the Sonos App to group other Sonos devices to the Sonos Play 5 to be able to play the same audio output of the Sonos Five/Play 5.

The Sonos Port will basicaly integrate the turntable to my current set, is the correct? (Wireless, I can position my turntable whatever I want) Yes that is correct. However, as long as you already have the Sonos Port on-hand. If you are planning to buy a Sonos Port just so you can integrate the turntable to your SOnos ecosystem, other members of the community recommends the Sonos Five/Play 5 instead of the Port. This is due to the Play5/Five having the built-in speakers already and the sound quality.

I hope this answers your question.

Please let me know if you still have other questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone is there to help.

Thanks,