Answered

Play to surrounds with no power to Beam?

• 28 November 2022
  • 1 reply

I bought a beam yesterday to go with my living room TV and set it up with my 2 sonos ones to make a surround sound system, however, I don't want to have the beam on all the time wasting electricity so have it attached to a smart plug so it turns off when the tv turns off but when I do that I can't then use my sonos ones to just play normal music. Is there a way around this or do I have to have the beam on constantly to be able to use anything in my living room? 

icon

Best answer by John B 28 November 2022, 10:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi.  When set up as surrounds the Ones are in effect part of the Beam.  (This is known as ‘bonding’ - it is not the same as grouping). So no, you cannot just play the Ones unless you remove them as surrounds.

Sonos speakers go into low power mode a few minutes after they cease playing audio.  However you may want to turn off the TV so that it doesn’t send signals that wake the Beam up