Answered

Play 1 - wired question

• 1 February 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge
I have two Play 1’s the first is wired into my router by Ethernet and the second is not.

I made some changes to my cabling and now both Play’s are connected via WiFi as I can see them on my network.

How can I get back to my previous set up?

Is it worth me pursuing this route?

Thanks.
icon

Best answer by John B 1 February 2018, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I don't understand 'both Play’s are connected via WiFi as I can see them on my network'. They will be on your network whether connected by wireless or wired. What is currently cabled and what is not? To get back to previous setup you need to have one speaker wired and one not!
Badge
One speaker is wired and was is not. However, both speakers are showing on my WiFi list using the 2.4GHz band where previously neither showed up.

That tells me they are both using WiFi rather than one using Ethernet and using the internal mesh to link.

Is there a way I can reset my system?
First, go to 'About my sonos system' in the app. Your speakers will have WM:0 or WM:1 next to them - which is it? If WM:1 then power off both speakers, power up wired one first, then after it is fully up, power up the other. Check the WM again and post back
Badge
Both speakers now have WM:0
In that case you are using SonosNet (which is good) and your router should now think that both speakers are wired.
Badge
Excellent and they have disappeared from the wireless connection list. Thanks very much for your help.