Answered

Play:1 started in the middle of the night

• 8 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi Sonos

Last night at around 01:06 AM, we had one of our Sonos player turning on. Saw a few other conversations on here and hope Sonos Support can help. 

Created diagnostics: 1272713662

The Player was the Play:1 called Kitchen. 

I don’t use alarms, but I do have openhab and Google Home that could potentially interfere. But I checked the openhab logs and nothing happened before the music started. I used a Google Home yesterday at 7:16 PM and gave a command to start a playlist in the kitchen which didn’t work (I got the confirmation from Google Assistant “OK, playing .. in the kitchen”, but no music started which happens often). Is it possible that the command did work, a few hours too late?

Thanks for any help

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 August 2021, 10:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Always suspect the cat! Warm and touch controls are irresistible.

Hopefully Sonos staff can look at the diagnostic and pull up what started the music playing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pgruetter 

Thanks for your post!

It is indeed possible that the speaker waited that long before playing - there seems to be an issue with it’s internal clock circuit. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team regarding the speaker.

Badge

get in touch with our technical support team regarding the speaker.

Hi Corry

Thanks a lot for your help, contacted them. They saw a lot of synchronization errors for that speaker. So I had to factory reset it and re-add it to the system. Checking a fresh diagnostic log, it seems to be OK now. Of course I can only tell if it doesn’t work and I’m woken up in the middle of the night again ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @pgruetter 

Glad to hear you got it sorted out!