Question

Play 1 (or One) with Yamaha Soundbar

• 21 February 2018
  • 1 reply

I recently bough a pair of Play 1's and totally surprised at / impressed with the sound quality!

Now I am considering installing a new pair in the living room. I have a TV that has a very low stand (4-5cm) and the Yamaha playbar that I use fits nicely under it. Is it possible to use Play One+Connect with the Yamaha soundbar and use Play One as surround speakers when watching movies, while just using the Play One's when listening music?

Any tips will be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi wgcho

Your question is Yes and No and IF'Y

Yes
It's possible to use the Play 1 as a conduit to the Sonos Connect as long as the Yamaha soundbar has unused Optical in, Line-in (RCA to 3.5mm) or RCA (both ends) inputs to connect to the Sonos Connect Line-out. You would name the Play 1 and name the Connect (with distinct names) and then group them together. Using the Sonos App select your music source and you're good -to -go.
Of course you can only play music

No
You cannot use the Yamaha to send surround material to the Play 1.

IF'Y
If there is Line-out on Yamaha. You can send TV audio to the Connect and group with the Play 1 to hear TV audio in another room, You would not want them in the same room as there is an audio delay to the Play 1.

Have you considered nixing the Yamaha and investing in a Sonos Playbar with Play1 x 2 or Sonos One x 2 as surrounds? :8

Cheers!