Question

Play 1 not working with surround on TV

• 25 November 2017
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I'm aware this question has been asked a million times over, but unfortunately cannot find the answer to my issue.
Basically: I have a set up with play bar that works fine with our samsung series 7. Optical audio is plugged and works. Added 2 play 1's to the setup just now as L and R rear speakers.

TV emits dolby 5.1 sound, that's fine. Still no sound from my play 1's when watching TV.
When listening to music they work perfectly though.

What else could be the issue?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Well, it could be the think you're watching doesn't have much going on in the surrounds. You could go to Settings> Room Settings> [Room name with the PLAYBAR]> Advanced Audio> Surround Settings and play with the volume of the surround speakers. You may also want to look at About My Sonos System to see what it says under the PLAYBAR' Audio In line. If it says "Stereo" or "PCM", then your TV isn't sending a 5.1 signal.
Hi Airgetlam,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
That's where it gets weird.. my playbar works with the tv, but is not found under room settings (only L+R) AND also, there doesn't appear a "surround settings" option after choosing the room :(
I show you the printscreens in my app (attached) so you can see what I mean.
It's okay, I solved it! Once again went through the entire set up!!
Great. Based on showing only L+R means that there was something odd going on with the PLAYBAR, but you've got it tied down now 🙂