Answered

Pioneer plasma 5080xd compatable with a Sonos Playbar?

• 3 November 2017
  • 9 replies

New to this forum and what I would like to ask is my old Pioneer plasma 5080xd compatable with the Sonos Playbar,
Does anyone have the same setup,all answers would be very much appreciated,
Kind Regards
Bob
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 3 November 2017, 22:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

According to page 67 of the manual I was able to google online, it has an optical output that states it puts out Dolby Digital. So it should be fine with the PLAYBAR. Page 68 seems to give you instructions on settings in the TV's audio setup.
Thank you Airgetiam for your kind response,have no wish to buy the sonos and find it was non compatible.
Understood.

In case you need to find the manual, the one I was referencing is here: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_11221/461076353Product_Manual_PDP-4280HD_5080HD.pdf
Thank you again because i have the original manual but it does not seem to have a page 68.
Userlevel 7
This link gives the basic requirements for a set to work with the Sonos Play Bar or Base: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1931/kw/tv%20compatibility

According to the manual (see attachment) your sets Audio Out meets the basic requirement. Hopefully your remote is IR (Line of Sight) transmit. As it was manufactured around 2007 the remote is most likely IR.

Cheers!
I'd suggest comparing the pages I referenced, and see if you have matching pages in your manual, and double check that the port exists. I can't think of any good reason why your manual and the one online is different, unless my search pulled up a manual that isn't really one that matches your TV.
I would presume that my manual PDP-5080XD would be the same set as 5080HD PDF.
Thanks to you both Airgetiam and AJ Trek1 for your kind assistance.
Userlevel 7
robertb3604

You’re very welcome. Please post back if you need additional assistance. Cheers!