Question

Periodically Arc sound drops-out every 10 seconds

• 17 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I have a surround setup with an Arc connected to a Samsung Q900RA (2018) through HDMI (channel 3: ARC), two Play Ones as rear speakers and one Sub (2nd gen). The Sub is connected to our network by Ethernet cable and is located no more than 5 meters away from all of the devices in this setup. I also have a couple of other Play Ones and one Play:5 scattered throughout the house. 

Previously I had a Playbar connected through optical. I’ve had the Arc since release and had no problems up until a few days ago. Occasionally the sound (Internal TV apps as well as external devices) starts to drop-out for 1 second, every 10-15 seconds. Reconnecting power seems to help for a while but the problem reappears at least once a day. 

Other devices I have connected are a PS4 and a Nvidia Shield TV. As I purchased the Shield TV a few days ago I figured it must have been some CEC (aant er) interference, but the problem does not go away if I disconnect the Shield TV entirely. I’ve also tried disconnecting the PS4 to no avail. I cannot disable CEC as the Arc does not seem to work at all without CEC turned on. 

I have been using a longer cable than the one provided by Sonos as my One Connect Box with al of the HDMI connections is located a bit too far from the TV. Using the Sonos cable did not work either. 

At this point I’m not sure whether the culprit is the Arc or the Q900RA. Any help would be appreciated. 

I’ve submitted a diagnostics rapport at #771988013. (The speaker group is called “family room”)

Thank you!

Best,

Jim

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have a brand new Samsung Frame TV which is having the same issue. My LG which I replaced never had the issue. Powering down the TV completely and back on fixes it for a period but it eventually comes back.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Don’t believe Sonos recommends setting up your Ethernet connection to the sub or surrounds. If I recall they suggest setting up the Arc via Ethernet. That’s what I have done and it works perfectly.