Answered

pcm stereo or dolby 2.0?

• 2 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello guys. Good morning/evening wherever you maybe 👍 just want to ask about my sonos app,there’s this written under the TV says stereo pcm? Then checked it on my tv settings all I’ve got is pcm or dolby 2.0. Just want to ask which is better to use? Tried choosing the dolby but it felt like it make my beam louder than pcm but lacking of surrounds. Hope you can help me. Thanks and stay safe 🙏👍

icon

Best answer by ratty 2 April 2021, 14:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

PCM is uncompressed audio while Dolby 2.0 has been compressed. Stick with the PCM setting unless you think the Dolby 2.0 setting sounds better to your ears.

Badge

Thanks for your time to reply I might stick with the pcm 😊 thanks again and stay safe 👍👌

The audio arrives in whatever format the broadcaster chooses. In the UK HD channels frequently use DD2.0.

The TV setting won't make any difference overall. Either the TV decodes DD to PCM or the Beam does.

The setting is there to force the TV to output PCM for those devices which don’t support Dolby. 

Badge

Nice! Thanks for the info and stay safe 👍👌