Question

Panasonic "speakers off"message

• 1 August 2017
  • 6 replies

Hi done a bit of a search on here, seems to be many old threads.. other than overly complicating is there still not a fix for this?
Have new 780z speaker turn-off easy... message pop-up annoying..

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I literally have no idea what those two sentences mean.
If there is a question please would you re-phrase it so it makes sense?
Made sense in my head!:?
Try again:
New Panasonic 780z tv. Linked to Playbar. I want to use the TV remote to control the sound.
Turned off TV speakers so sound just via playbar, and sonos has recognised the Panasonic remote, however each change in vol. a message pops up " speakers off".

Old forum threads didn't seem to bottom out a resolve, wondering if any update??
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hopefully somebody with that TV may come along. Otherwise you may need to look at using a different remote. Either an old one or a universal one or one for some kit that is otherwise not used.
Badge +20
Some TV's let you set the audio as external or an AV amp (normally attached by HDMI but not used in this case) so the TV is fooled into controlling the audio of a non existant device. Worth looking to see what options there are.
Also, you might want to contact Panasonic directly. They may have a solution.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Made sense in my head!:?
Try again:
New Panasonic 780z tv. Linked to Playbar. I want to use the TV remote to control the sound.
Turned off TV speakers so sound just via playbar, and sonos has recognised the Panasonic remote, however each change in vol. a message pops up " speakers off".

Old forum threads didn't seem to bottom out a resolve, wondering if any update??

It sounds to me that Sonos is accepting the commands from your remote, but the Panasonic TV is still trying to perform volume commands despite the setting changed to turn off the speakers. I'd echo Belly's comment to see if there's a setting like "external audio" that would ignore those requests. Otherwise, you'll get the best help from Panasonic. Should be a relatively easy question for someone who knows the interface.