Answered

pair era 300 + pair era 100 arc sub = positions for atmos?

• 9 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Ok so decided with all my Sonos equipment I have I wanted with the new era units and new LG OLED 2023 G series I wanted to set it up the right way. 

got the TV mounted and of course the room isn’t a square. But now I replaced the Sonos pair of ones with the new era 100’s. And have a pair of the era 300. What’s the best placement and use of these. 

someone told me the 100’s should be to the right and left of you cornered a bit if it’s a corner room and then the era 300 to be used as surround sound in the rear corners A bit. Meaning I should use the mounts and change room set up??

I know what I know and know what I don’t 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 9 April 2023, 02:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You can only add two surround speakers to the Arc. The Era 300s will be the better option for surrounds especially with Dolby Atmos audio. if possible, place them at least 4 feet behind your main seating position directly facing the opposite wall where the Arc is located. Keep at least 8” of space on the sides of the 300s to give the side firing drivers room to reflect sound of the outside walls. Do not angle the 300s toward your listening position. Place the Era 100s in another room.

So don’t even use my era 100s for this room

Userlevel 7

So don’t even use my era 100s for this room

They aren’t necessary. And if you group them with the Arc setup when playing TV audio, you will experience a slight audio delay from the 100s.

Some people might put the 100s on either side of the Arc, but this is only to widen the stereo image when streaming music. This is NOT recommended for TV audio.