Optical out from music server to optical in on Sonos Arc

• 10 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Before I remove my Sonos Arc and run an optical cable behind the wall, I thought I’d ask here first.

Has anyone tried connecting a music server (BlueSound NODE) to their Sonos Arc via optical out from the music server to optical IN on the Sonos Arc?  Wondering if that works.  Logic says it will, but who knows?

Thanks for any responses!

7 replies

There is no optical in on a Sonos Arc, it’s an HDMI ARC/eARC input. 

Badge

Oh. 

Guess I was confusing it with my old Playbar. 

Never mind. 

Sonos does sell an adapter from optical to ARC. The maximum signal that can be carried across optical is Dolby Digital, so if you went that route, you’d lose any potential for an Atmos signal. 

Badge

Nope, that obviously wouldn’t work.  \

I like integrating different technologies together in my audio and was hoping there was a way.  Obviously not in this instance.  Thanks for the replies.

Out of curiosity, what would such a setup accomplish?

Badge

product says upgraded but I am not sure what the credit was used on.  can I use the credit on products on sale

Check Upgrade Terms and Conditions:

• The Discount Credit is valid only at http://www.sonos.com and will not expire until used. The Discount Credit is single use. The Discount Credit cannot be combined with any other promotion, discount or special pricing and may not be used on gift cards, refurbished products, or third party products.