Answered

Optical cable from pc sound card no line in signal

Userlevel 2

Hello all,

I have a Sound Blaster Z se that has an optical out that is connected to a Z90. Although I can get music from Pandora, no option for a line in signal is available within the sonos software. No PC sounds can be head .

Is there something that needs to be changed for the line in to use an optical signal? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 July 2021, 07:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

If memory serves, the optical port on that device is an output, not an input?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In this picture it does say both optical and coaxial connections are outs underneath the connectors:

http://www.laaudiofile.com/sonos_bu150.html

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello all,

I have a Sound Blaster Z se that has an optical out that is connected to a Z90. Although I can get music from Pandora, no option for a line in signal is available within the sonos software. No PC sounds can be head .

Is there something that needs to be changed for the line in to use an optical signal? 

As other have said, the Connect’s optical port is an output, not an input.

The Connect’s Line In connections are the RH analog RCA inputs you can see in the picture above. You could use your SB’s analog output to connect to those Line In inputs (at which point Line In from the Connect will become an option you can select in the Sonos app).

Userlevel 2

Yes, thank you. That would of course make sense. 

Thank you all.