One sl position in bed

• 15 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Good people, sorry if my English is not very good I am using the translator.
My question is, will I be able to better enjoy surround sound with my arc sonos if I place both one sl on the sides of the bed as shown in the photo?
Also I leave photos of my room to see if its format is affecting a lot in my sound experience with the sonos arc. Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You say: “will I be able to better enjoy surround sound with my arc sonos if I place both one sl on the sides of the bed as shown in the photo?”

For surrounds this seems a good place, but if you want to if your surround gets better by placing them there, you need to let us know whwere they are placed at the moment.

Userlevel 7

Those shelves should work just fine for surround speakers. You may have to adjust the surround levels in the Sonos app a little lower since you will be fairly close to the speakers in your bed. You don’t want the surround audio to overpower the audio playing out of the Arc.

Thank you very much for answering. Also I have the arc a little inclined as recommended by Peter Pee on YouTube. Now with the new height option, would it be better to leave it tilted or totally flat?
Will the ceiling fan affect the atmos a lot?

Userlevel 7

I would test it both ways with the Arc tilted and not tilted while adjusting the height audio level in the Sonos app to see which sounds the best.

Since the ceiling fan doesn’t appear to be completely centered above the bed, it shouldn’t cause too much interference with the upward firing drivers. I would keep the fan turned off when watching Atmos content though.