Answered

one od symfonisk surround speakers intermittently breaking up when in surround mode but plays music fine if set up as an individual speaker in same position

• 31 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

As per title. When playing music with my beam and 2 simfonisk speakers in surround mode the right rear surround intermittently breaks up/cuts out. 
it works fine as an individual speaker in the same position. 
I have submitted diagnostics in case helps anyone from Sonos identify the issue. 
Thanks for any advice/thoughts. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 31 October 2021, 12:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Two thoughts.

First, the ‘place’ where the speaker is getting the signal is different in those two situations, as is, potentially, the frequency being used. When set up as a ‘standard’ room, the speaker is using either SonosNet, if you’ve got a device wired to your router, or hanging off your WiFi. In most cases, that’s a 2.4Ghz signal, created near or on your router.

When set up as surrounds, the speakers are on a ‘unseen’ 5Ghz network connected to your Sonos Beam. Since the source, and potentially frequency is fifteenth, you can be getting some sort of wifi interference in one setup, and not the other.

I would recommend reviewing the linked FAQ for any potential fixes that might be applied to your situation.

Second, unless you either post or call in with the diagnostic number, it’s unlikely to be looked at in a sea of ‘oops, I didn’t mean to do that’ false submissions. See the Diagnostics - How do they work? thread.

Badge +1

Thanks. 
that helps as I hadn’t realised the surround set up worked over a 5Ghz network. 
It will be interference from my wifi mesh node and/or Sky Q and the linked mini boxes. 
gives me something to work on. Cheers.