On screen volume view

• 5 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello folks. Just bought and set up my first Sonos (Beam). On my LG tv when I increase or lower the volume all I see is a + or - sign. Can this be changed to numbers or a bar? Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That would be something up to LG, not Sonos.

Badge

Thanks Bruce for such an unbelievably quick response. I wondered that about it being LG, but before I got the beam it has always displayed a bar with numbers???

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

That would be something up to LG, not Sonos.

Actually my reading of the CEC spec indicates it might be fixable from the Sonos side, but they have shown zero interest in doing so. It would also require the TV to support that particular CEC feature, and CEC is a crapshoot of supported features anyway, especially on older LGs.

Interesting, I didn’t realize the CEC spec allowed the client to choose alternate graphics. I’d always thought it just sent back volume information, and allowed the CEC hub to choose how to display that information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Interesting, I didn’t realize the CEC spec allowed the client to choose alternate graphics. I’d always thought it just sent back volume information, and allowed the CEC hub to choose how to display that information. 

I am honestly not sure, I found the CEC spec particularly obtuse to read, and I have no easy way to experiment with it.