Answered

Old Sharp Aquos LC-60LE600U with Sonos Playbar

• 7 October 2020
  • 3 replies

We upgraded our old Sonos Playbars recently for Arc’s and decided to make use of the old Playbar in our bedroom.  However, I am having issues getting it to work nicely with my TV.  We have a Sharp Aquos LC-60LE600U.

I have TV through AppleTv box connected through an HDMI cable.  The playbar only option is an optical cable.  The sound will not come through the speakers on the Playbar.  I called Sharp support and basically was told that since I have an HDMI cable connected the Optical will not work. 

Any workarounds?  

icon

Best answer by John B 7 October 2020, 09:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There are several options, but your best bet, if you have an Arc, is the HD Fury Arcana. See the threads in the Home Theater section of the forum. 

But if this is for use with the Playbar then a basic HDMI switch / audio extractor with optical out would do.  This takes the audio to the Playbar without going through the TV.

Sharp TVs, especially older ones, are known for not passing audio from HDMI sources out over optical, so you have to bypass it.

Will you be viewing direct OTA stations as well as Apple TV?  If so you may also need a digital optical switch so as to chose between OTA and Apple TV sources.

Thanks, it is for the old playbar.  I will try this and report back.