Answered

Not able to connect my arc to LG TV ( 86 inches UM 7600)

Hi All, 

I finally got my Sonos home theater (Arc, Sub and One SL) after waiting for 3 months. I unboxed it today and after trying for good 8 hours still can’t connect it with my LG TV. 

Message on Sonos APP : HDMI ARC not detected. Make sure the HDMI cable is connected to the ARC port and your TV is on.

Following are the steps which I already performed after reading many forums.

1. Reset factory settings of TV 
  2. Reboot and unplug source 
  3. Tried different HDMI Cables
  4. CEC/Simplink on LG is on.
  5. Sound option is connected to HDMI ARC and checked with all options (PCM, AUTO and Pass Through).
  6. Checkec Arc port (HDMI 2 on side)
  7. Device connector ( HDMI 2 (ARC) -- Connected to sonos (Set for Universal remote) complete.
  8. TV remote is responding when volume reduce (-) button is pressed and it blinks on sonos sound bar.

Outcome : When sound mode is selected to Arc, no output from TV.

This is my first sonos but my experience so far is not that great. However I was able to connect Arc through music app. 

Please help to resolve this issue and hope that I don’t have to return this one.

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 March 2021, 02:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Does your TV have the latest firmware installed? Do you have any other devices connected to your TV?

Thanks for responding. Yes my firmware is up to date and also automatic update option is selected. No other device is connected with TV but yeah I have 3 hdmis connected as my TV is wall mounted but none of them is connected to output source..

I have removed other two hdmi cables and tried with just one (hdmi 2 on side but no result)

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from your TV and unplug the TV and Arc from power for about a minute or two. Plug the TV and Arc back into power but leave everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is turned on in the TV settings. Run “TV Setup” in the Sonos app and don’t connect the Arc to the TV until the Sonos app instructs you to. Connect the Arc to your TV into the HDMI ARC port (HDMI 2) using the HDMI cable that came with the Arc. If the Sonos app can’t detect the HDMI ARC connection, unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and reconnect it and try again.

Thanks mate, you are a star. Do you have any tips for wifi connection issues with sub ??

Userlevel 7

What specific problem are you having with the Sub?

Sub was identified but couldn’t connect to wifi under the same room as arc..

Userlevel 7

If you try to “Add Sub” under the Sonos Arc settings, what does it say?

Sub not found. make sure your sub is powered on and connected to wifi

Userlevel 7

Do you have any issues connecting the One SLs to the Arc as surrounds? Is the Arc wired to your router with an ethernet cable?