Answered

No surround sound on satellite speakers

• 6 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi all,

I’ve just got a Beam, and have connected it to the TV via HDMI. All working well, and the app shows I’m sending a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal when the source has one.

I’ve added two Symfonisk bookshelf speakers as a rear pair for surround sound. These setup successfully, but then I hear nothing from either speaker.

I’ve tried recreating the surround links, checking audio input settings, but nothing seems to make the speakers output sound.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 6 February 2021, 18:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Some additional details:

I’ve looked at similar threads that suggest breaking and remaking the links - no effect.

The app is showing a surround system has been successfully generated (Lounge + LS + HS). I can adjust the surround settings, but nothing appears to have an effect. I can’t detect any sound coming out.

I’ve taken the two surround speakers and turned them into a  stereo pair - this worked fine. Re-making the surround pair returned me to the no audio.

I’ve power cycled pretty much everything I can think of.

Thanks everyone

Userlevel 7

Are the Beam and Symfonisk speakers both connected to WiFi or is the Beam connected via Ethernet?

The two synfinisk speakers are wired, the beam is wireless at the moment.

Userlevel 7

In the Sonos app, be sure you enable Wi-Fi for your Symfonisk speakers.

I didn't expect that answer, maybe I need to learn more about this kit.

It worked, thank you!