Answered

No sound with Hulu or Google Play but ok with Amazon

• 5 January 2019
  • 6 replies

As of a couple days ago I no longer have sound from my Playbar with Hulu and Google but Amazon is fine. Please advise.
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 January 2019, 23:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Where are you running these sources from? I'm assuming that since you're talking about a PLAYBAR, what's driving the sound is a TV set, but are these "smart apps" on the TV, or from another device?

Generally speaking, when you have one source that works, and others that don't, you've likely got an issue with the audio settings for each app/device not set up to send Dolby Digital. My guess is these apps are sending either Dolby Digital Plus, or DTS, neither of which can be read by the PLAYBAR (well, Sonos software in general).

Double check what each app's/device's audio settings are, and lock them down to Dolby Digital.
Thank you Airgetlam, this has been a frustrating day. I use Chromecast. I tried to find settings in Hulu but couldn't locate anywhere to see how audio is set up. Same with Google Play. These are the two where I have no sound.
I don't happen to use any of those, so I'm unable to help you further with those specific apps. Have you double checked the audio settings on your TV as well?
I did check TV settings and it appears to be in order but I dont really know what Im looking for.
Perhaps you might be better served by contacting Sonos directly to discuss it.
Thank you. Will do.