Answered

No sound through receiver to TV

• 4 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I run my cable box and Apple TV through a Sony 5.1 receiver to a Samsung TV. The output from the receiver is “tv out/arc” but is NOT going to the ARC HDMI, the Sonos Arc beam is going to that HDMI port. 

Unless I connect the component (cable box, Apple TV) directly to the TV, skipping the receiver, I can’t get the sound to the Sonos, it appears the sound will only go to the wired speakers on the receiver. 

Any suggestions to get the receiver “in the loop” so to speak? I’d rather not buy an HDMI switch for the components, or try to run the cables back through the wall to the tv individually.

icon

Best answer by Simon B 10 February 2021, 21:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Siowen, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about this issue on your Sonos system. Have you tried to connect the Sonos Beam on the HDMI Arc port of your TV? Do you have a Sonos Beam or a Sonos Arc? To check on the current output status of your system, please submit a diagnostic and respond with the confirmation number. This way we can identify the status of your Sonos system.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi-

we have the arc beam and it is connected to the HDMI2 arc port of the tv. The recover is connected to hdmi 1, I get the same result when connected to hdmi 3.

the code for the submitted diagnostic test is 1785129510

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Siowen, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, all seems good with your Sonos Arc, have you checked the Samsung Anynet+ CEC on your TV settings and enable it. And then check if there will be sounds after enabling it. 

If there is anything else I can do for you, please, don’t hesitate to let me know.