No sound or TV control when PS4 Pro is connected.

• 2 September 2018
  • 3 replies

I recently purchased both the Sonos Beam and Sub after a lightning strike bricked my old sound system. My TV is an LG OLED55B7A. I have a Roku Premiere+, Nintendo Switch and a PS4 connected. Everything sounded incredible and having Alexa turn my TV off is the greatest thing ever. However, when I replaced my PS4 with a PS4 Pro, I lose sound to everything and the Sonos app is saying Simplink is not detected. This only occurs when the Pro is conntected, even if it's powered off. I haven't adjusted any settings from when it "worked" and have even tried factory rebooting the Beam and Sub.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, ShawnL. Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. It seems like we may need a little bit more information about how everything is connected. What is the Beam plugged into? Are you using an HDMI switch? The more information we have about the connections between the Home Theatre devices, the better.

Thanks again in advance.
Was there any resolution to this? I’m having the same issue. Just plugging my PS4 into the TV via HDMI forces the TV (new Sony 900F) to lose its connection to the Beam and diverts all sound (PS4, Apple TV, TV-installed apps) back through the TV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Try connecting the beam to tv hdmi-arc powered on last. Then turn tv off & unplug tv, then power everything up & try the beam again....just something to try as some TV's "remember" when they are powered off & on again from the plug.