No sound on Sub with Playbar

• 23 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello everyone, 

I have a 5.1 setup with my play bar, sub and a pair of ones. My sub recently had an issue and no longer works through wireless link only wired. My app recognizes it and everything but I get no sound from the sub. 

if I move the sub to another room with any other configuration of speakers it works it just doesn’t work with my playbar. I know there are multiple post about this issue and I’ve tried every single thing but no luck. I opened this new question because wanted to get some extra help also with the a diagnostic I ran: 917345049

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

It appears there is a dis-connection with the 5Ghz cards between the Sub and Playbar. However, even that analogy is a bit off assuming the Playbar still communicates with the Ones ????

The Playbar communicates fine with the Ones, apparently, those have no issues with the 5.1 setup. But I can’t get the sub to work with those. It only works if connected to other speakers. 
But your comment makes me think- does the sub and the Playbar communicate wirelessly when in a 5.1? My Sub only works wired

If the Sub works perfectly elsewhere with another ‘bonded’ setup, I would perhaps try a reboot of the Playbar (also toggle off/on its WiFi adapter connection in its room settings), or even unbond all Surrounds/Sub and try a factory reset, as a last resort

The Playbar communicates fine with the Ones, apparently, those have no issues with the 5.1 setup. But I can’t get the sub to work with those. It only works if connected to other speakers. 
But your comment makes me think- does the sub and the Playbar communicate wirelessly when in a 5.1? My Sub only works wired

Your Sub should be connecting over its built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter ‘direct’ to the Playbar.

Your Sub should be connecting over its built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter ‘direct’ to the Playbar.

So even if I have it working over wired connection it needs the built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter to communicate with the Playbar? Is there a workaround to only use wired connection in a 5.1 setup?

Userlevel 7

So even if I have it working over wired connection it needs the built-in 5Ghz wireless adapter to communicate with the Playbar? Is there a workaround to only use wired connection in a 5.1 setup?

To be clear the sub has no ability to produce sound (low-end or otherwise) as a standalone speaker. It cannot be paired or grouped to other speakers. It must be BONDED to a Sonos soundbar or other stereo pair at which time it communicates with those speakers via 5GHz wireless.