Answered

No sound from surrounds

• 7 April 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi
I have a playbar and two 3’s set up for surround sound. Had them working with great sound last week. Been away for the week and come back to only sound from the playbar and a faint hissing from the 3’s. Have looked at the sonos advice and nothing is relevant. Any ideas? Very frustrating and missing the sound
icon

Best answer by steve.a.morris 17 April 2018, 19:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Hi there, steve.a.morris. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm happy to take a closer look if you don't mind submitting a diagnostic report while playing 5.1 audio to your Sonos system. Be sure to reply with the confirmation number, as then I can see what signal the PLAYBAR is getting from the TV and passing to the PLAY:3's. Thanks!
Hi Keith, thanks for this. Apologies for the late reply, we only live in the house at weekends due to work commitments. Have run diagnostic and the number 199689343. Any help would be great. Cheer Steve
No worries at all, steve.a.morris. Thanks for the fresh diagnostic report. It seems the PLAYBAR is only receiving a Stereo signal. This means that the bonded surround speakers (PLAY:3's) are not getting a signal at all. What are the audio settings on your TV set? Does this also happen when listening to any audio or does this specifically happen with TV audio?
Hi Keith, I thought that you managed to fix it remotely. After I posted my last comment we watch a film and had great sound. As I mentioned before, I’m only there at weekends so can’t try anything until then. Wasn’t getting sound from them when last listened to audio, but haven’t tried since watch film. Oh, the film was from my Apple TV, so maybe it’s my sky settings?
Glad to hear it's been sorted. It sounds like it could be a problem with the settings on the Sky box.

Keep me in the loop should you run into any other problems. I'm happy to help!