No sound from Playbase and subs when watch 4k DVD

• 4 March 2019
  • 7 replies

Not getting anysound when I watch the DVD, when its on the DVD main menu sound comes out but as soon as I start the movie.....nothing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I'm betting that your DVD is in DTS, and the menu is in Dolby Digital. Try playing the Dolby Digital soundtrack on the DVD. Sonos can not decode a DTS signal.
Probably, how do I change that on the DVD? Would that be on DVD's menu?
I suppose we're talking about a Bluray here, DVD does not support 4K resolution.
Standard audio formats for most commercial 4K Blueray discs are Atmos or HD-DD/HD-DTS. These formats are not compatible with the Playbar. Check the disc's audio tracks for Dolby Digital, this one should work. Unfortunately, few 4K discs still come with a DD track at all.
It should be, if they have one. Not all DVDs do. But if it does, it would be under the Audio settings for that DVD.
OK ITS A 4K UHD with Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel......why won't the sound come through SONOS
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray
Studio Warner Home Video
Language English, French, Spanish
Program Type Movie
Release Date 02/19/2019
Screen Format Enhanced Widescreen for 16x9 TV
Sound Features Dolby Digital w/ sub-woofer channel
Aspect Ratio 2.40:1
Product Tags 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray/Blu-ray, Includes Digital Copy
What's the name of the movie? What shows up on the audio options for the disc? What settings do you have for audio on the player you're using to play this disc?
Well it was a Redbox rental so I don't have it anymore. It's the third time I have had issues with a Redbox rental. If I set the audio to play through my TV...I got sound. I'll check the audio settings on the LG Blu ray disk player when I get home. Thanks for trying to help.What's interesting is I have a handful of 4k UHD dolby disks I own and I have no problem playing them through the SONUS. Anyway thanks so much for your help!!!