No sound from beam after installing firestick

• 6 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Installed firestick yesterday in hdmi2 port, there is no audio. I have turned the dolby digital off like it said to do on this forum, still doesn't work. My television is about 7 years old, Vizio, and is connected to the beam with the optical cable. Also, the only way i can turn off the sound on the regular hdmi 1 setting is to turn the volume all the way down, as the sonos stays on even after i have powered my tv off. I sm guessing this is because of the cable box? I was hoping to get rid of cable and switch to just firetv but with no sound, i guess not. Can this be fixed? Do i need a smart tv?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi there, lgleslie. You shouldn't need a smart TV to get the Beam working, it seems there could be a configuration problem getting audio content to the Beam. If you are still missing audio after changing from Dolby Digital to PCM (Stereo) it sounds like there is a problem with the TV passing the audio content from the Firestick to the Beam. Does this happen with normal TV audio? Can you tell us a little more about how your TV, cable box, Beam and Firestick are connected to one another?