Answered

No sound from Arc when playing 5.1 content from Apple TV 4K

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I can’t seem to find a solution to my problem. I have a gen1 Apple TV 4K connected to my LG OLED C1 TV, which is connected to my Sonos Arc. When I set the TV to PASSTHROUGH, I get Atmos content no problem from my Apple TV, but I get no sound when playing Dolby 5.1 content. Sometimes, after resettling everything, I get sound but it comes in as Dolby Multichannel 7.1, which obviously isn’t correct. If I set my TV to AUTO, the content will play as Dolby Multichannel 5.1. I was told Passthrough is the best option but it sucks Audio doesn’t work for 5.1 content. Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 19 November 2021, 02:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Keep the setting on AUTO. The Apple TV 4K uses a Dolby MAT encoder. This means all Dolby Digital Plus audio will play as Dolby Multichannel PCM or Multichannel PCM through the Arc which is exactly what you want to see the Sonos app displaying. You could set the Apple TV’s Change Format setting to ON and set it to Dolby Digital, but the audio will be played at a lower quality and you will lose the ability to play Dolby Atmos audio.