Question

No Audio from Amazon Instant Video App on PS3

• 8 September 2013
  • 7 replies

I just bought a Sonos Playbar and a bridge. I have a PS3 connected to a Samsung TV via HDMI. I have no audio issues with Netflix or other apps, however Amazon Instant Video doesn't seem to output any audio. Please advise.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Are there any audio settings. I haven't tried on my PS3. I do know that Amazon has an issue with most devices that it won't do DD 5.1 (except with a Roku).
Hi Chris, Thanks for your reply. I did change some settings that worked for Netflix(changed HDMI Audio Out to Bitstream). On Amazon Instant Video though, some videos like Iron Man 3 are working while others like Oblivion doesn't have any audio output. I was really excited with the audio quality from the playbar and various options that came with it- now i'm wondering that if this issue is due to some unsupported format, then is Sonos the correct choice. Please do share if you have any suggestions. Thanks, Ashish
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Ashish, 

have you tried wiring the PS3 directly to the PLAYBAR to see if you will get audio from Amazon Instant Video then? 

Regards, 

Daniel H. 
Hi Daniel, I can try it later today and will update. Not sure if PS3 has a optical out though. My current setup is- PS3, Apple TV, STB connected to Samsung TV via HDMI. Samsung TV connected to Sonos Playbar via optical cable provided with the Playbar. Thanks Ashish
I have a similar issue. My PS3 plays the audio track to my Playbar, but no voices. This only happens in Amazon Prime. Netflix works perfectly. What is the fix? I have the PS3 going HDMI to the TV and then optical out to the Playbar. Other devices such as my DirecTV receiver work fine.
I have this problem as described by PR_Richardson - Getting background music and ambient sound through the surrounds but no dialogue track. Only with Amazon. Did anyone ever find a fix?
Yes I’m having th exact problem. HDMI into Samsung, optic into Samsung. Netflix, cable work fine but this is have no dialogue sound. Solutions?