Answered

No 5.1 sound from Nvidia shield via arc to beam

• 1 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am having an issue, I have the 2017 Nvidia shield going into my Samsung ue406670 via hdmi 1 and the Sonos beam out of hdmi 2 (arc)
I get 5.1 using the TV Netflix and Amazon app but Netflix and amazon via the shield is stereo only, when I force 5.1, no sound at all.
I have tried to alter the settings on TV and shield but when shield is on my only option is PCM.
Could it be that my TV only supports stereo via arc? But I get 5.1 with apps directly in the TV, maybe stereo passthrough?
Any ideas?
Like (0)
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 January 2019, 13:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

As 'briefly' explained in this link here...

https://www.rtings.com/tv/tests/inputs/5-1-surround-audio-passthrough

Some TVs can only pass 5.1 through over a certain connection (either digital optical or HDMI ARC), and some can only pass through certain signal types (DTS or Dolby Digital), so make sure you have a TV that supports both the connection and signal type you wish to use.

You will need to contact Samsung Support Desk to ascertain the capabilities of your TV.