New TV set up

• 16 August 2018
  • 4 replies

I’m trying to setup a new tv to my sound bar and sub. I can’t find the settings on the app to set the new tv up.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Which soundbar do you have? And can you clarify whether you are adding a new TV to existing Sonos products, or adding new Sonos products to an existing TV?

This page has links to several different articles on how to do setups, but I can't really give you more specific information as I'm not exactly sure what your situation is.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/support/home-theater
And other than changing the remote IR commands, there's not much to change. The optical port would be receiving a Dolby Digital signal, no matter what TV is feeding it.
And other than changing the remote IR commands, there's not much to change. The optical port would be receiving a Dolby Digital signal, no matter what TV is feeding it.

Yes, unless your connecting to a Beam through HDMI ARC. Also wasn't 100% sure if this was new Sonos equipment that would need to be setup first. Doesn't sound like it, but since the post was a little vague, I didn't want to assume anything.
Ah, good point Danny. Was thinking PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, not Beam. The OP wasn't clear by stating "soundbar".