Answered

New to Sonos

• 15 April 2018
  • 6 replies

Badge +3
Should the volume be turned all the way up on surround? We have a play base and 2 play 1’s set ip as surround.
icon

Best answer by Chris 15 April 2018, 16:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Badge
Really depends on how you like to listen to music or television. For example, I have mine set about the halfway point for music and 1/4 point for surround tv listening. I like music higher as the playback seems to “swirl”. Hope this helps
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Welcome to the club.

The surrounds are really dependent on the signal they get from the 5.1 mix. Not normally real loud.

Have you gone in the room settings and made sure set to Full mode. Once done how does music sound on the surrounds via the Sonos app music. That gives you a better idea of their volume since they will play in full stereo when listening to music then.
Badge +3
Another question which is better for surround.... ie; play 3 or the play 5 I know it will all depend on personal preference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
play:5 is overkill. I would personally go play:1s and sub.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
I have the sound level set half way on my play 1's, for music I use the Full setting, I use Surround setting for TV/Games/Movies

My play 1's in surround configuration is about 40cm from my ears - if your play 1's are further from your ears you may want to raise their sound level
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Just to be sure you know you set to full and leave on full. It will auto do surround when watching tv.