Question

New HDMI Cables for Sonos Arc / TV / Arcana + various inputs.

• 9 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 9 replies

Hi All,

just wanted some recommendations for good HDMI Cables  -  have Sonos Arc and will be getting HD Fury Arcana to enable as much Dolby Atmos viewing as possible from sources such as Sky Q / 4k Blu-ray / Roku 4k etc..

Thanking you in anticipation,

Jan.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Arc comes with an HDMI cable, and that’s great for use between  Arcana and Arc, for other cables, I’ve seen recommendations for KabelDirect, Bluejeans, and  others.  I’ve heard that the optical length is 6’-10’ for avoiding issues.  Make sure the spec of the cable matches what your sources and TV can do so it’s not the bottleneck.

I’ve recently gotten these, but honestly, I’ve never really had issues with any cable I’ve used.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

I bought one of these last week to connect my DVR to the TV.  I figured that might be my weak link.  Because the previous cable was bought 6 years ago.  Then everything worked fine.  I’m using the Sonos provided cable from the HDMI-ARC port to the Beam.

I saw someone else on this forum recommend this before I bought it.  I liked the idea that it uses 26AWG wire.  

4K HDR HDMI Cable 8 Feet, HDMI 2.0 18Gbps, Supports 4K 120Hz, 4K 60Hz(4:4:4, HDR10, ARC, HDCP 2.2) 1440p 144hHz, High Speed Ultra HD Braided Cord, 26AWG
by Dreambirdie
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B54CXKX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_99vwFbDWBN8T6