Answered

New Cinema room set-up

• 21 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi!

I am designing a new cinema / sport room set-up as part of a major renovation. I have a 65” LG OLED being recess / flush mounted above a 100cm bioethanol fire. I have rear ceiling speakers and a sub to connect as well.

My question is - Sonos Arc surface mounted below the TV OR in wall hidden speakers below the TV? I am worried that a surface mounted Arc will look stuck on the wall and ruin the design. Recessed amp powered speakers will look smarter, but will they give good sound quality? 

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 22 March 2021, 04:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I think the Arc would give you better sound because it has a dedicated center channel speaker for dialog. With a Sub and two surround speakers, this would create a 5.1.2 setup. This setup is also compatible with Dolby Atmos.

A Sonos Amp powering a left and right channel in-wall speaker would only have a “phantom” center channel. With a Sub and two rear surround speakers, this would only create a 4.1 setup. This two-Amp setup is only compatible with Dolby Digital 5.1 (with a phantom center channel).

If you go with the in-wall speakers, like these Sonos Architectural speakers, I would put one on each side of the TV since they will act as left front and right front channel speakers.

Great  - thanks @GuitarSuperstar