new Arc

• 28 February 2021
  • 21 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 15 replies

I have a LG CX and what to mount it to my wall.  But I have a lot of questions?  I am using this mount fo LG https://www.vogels.com/en-us/c/thin-505-extrathin-fixed-tv-wall-mount

I have read this:

When wall-mounting, it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches between the TV and Arc. As per important safety information one of the lists states; Do not block any ventilation openings. Leave a recommended space of 4“ (10cm) around the unit.

1. How high should I mount my LG to the wall?
  2. How high should I mount my arc?
  3. Which mount for ARC?  Should I get the mount that can extend 2 inches?  https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/wssatm1/ or get the flat mount?  I want the arc to be as closed to wall as possible.
  4. Do I need a mount that has magnet?
  5. Once I get my TV Mounted, I should mount arc 4inch or 5.5 inch below TV?  
  6. it is recommended to have a clearance of at least 5.5 inches.  

Any hints or suggestion would be great.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 7

How large is your TV? How high are your ceilings? Do you have a media console under the Arc and TV?

This YT video very clearly explains about the wall-mount embedded magnet and what it does…

Badge

How large is your TV? How high are your ceilings? Do you have a media console under the Arc and TV?

65 inch.  NO media console below.  9ft ceiling.

Userlevel 7

How about mounting your Arc about 30 inches from the floor with this Sonos Arc wall mount: 
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/wall-mount-for-arc.html

Then mount your TV 5.5 inches from the top of the Arc. This would mean your TV would be pretty centered vertically on the wall and the top of your TV would be about 36 inches from the ceiling.

If you want more of a pronounced height effect from the upward firing speakers when watching Dolby Atmos content, you may want to shift everything up another 6-12 inches.

Badge

How about mounting your Arc about 30 inches from the floor with this Sonos Arc wall mount: 
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/wall-mount-for-arc.html

Then mount your TV 5.5 inches from the top of the Arc. This would mean your TV would be pretty centered vertically on the wall and the top of your TV would be about 36 inches from the ceiling.

If you want more of a pronounced height effect from the upward firing speakers when watching Dolby Atmos content, you may want to shift everything up another 6-12 inches.

I have a mount for TV.  Just confirming:
Arc 30inch from Ground. Mount TV 5.5 above Arc?  Is this correct?  I thought TV should be eye level? 42 inch?  THANK YOU

Userlevel 7

Ideally the middle of the TV should be eye level, but because of the large size of the TV, this would put the Arc pretty low on the wall which could diminish the height effect of the upward firing speakers because they would be further from the ceiling.

How far is your primary seating area from the TV wall?

Badge

Ideally the middle of the TV should be eye level, but because of the large size of the TV, this would put the Arc pretty low on the wall which could diminish the height effect of the upward firing speakers because they would be further from the ceiling.

How far is your primary seating area from the TV wall?

9ft ceiling and couch is 12 ft from TV wall. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!

Userlevel 7

I have 8 foot ceilings and a 50 inch TV and my Arc is about 2 feet from the floor sitting on a media console. My TV is mounted on the wall a few inches higher at around eye level and I am very happy with this setup. The height channels are most noticeable about 7-8 feet from the Arc.

Since your ceiling is a foot higher, I think the Arc mounted 24-30 inches from the floor could work for your setup too. But don’t expect the height channels to be very loud 12 ft from your TV.

Badge

I have 8 foot ceilings and a 50 inch TV and my Arc is about 2 feet from the floor sitting on a media console. My TV is mounted on the wall a few inches higher at around eye level and I am very happy with this setup. The height channels are most noticeable about 7-8 feet from the Arc.

Since your ceiling is a foot higher, I think the Arc mounted 24-30 inches from the floor could work for your setup too. But don’t expect the height channels to be very loud 12 ft from your TV.

Thank you again.  I measured TV from couch again. I about 9-10 ft from TV. So mount arc 24-30 inch from the floor and mount TV 5.5 inches from Arc?  Is it better to go higher 30 inches or lower 24inch?

Userlevel 7

Hi @Zog 

Typically in wall mount situations (with the exception being over a fireplace) most will have a media console or cabinet in place that’s 24-30 inches tall (the later measurement being the average). That said in some situations the viewer may have a slightly elevated line of sight. However, the elevation should not be such to cause one to position themselves with any noticeable head tilt that might cause fatigue. Depending upon how large the view screen the Arc should not be positioned where it is above eye level.

Userlevel 7

Thank you again.  I measured TV from couch again. I about 9-10 ft from TV. So mount arc 24-30 inch from the floor and mount TV 5.5 inches from Arc?  Is it better to go higher 30 inches or lower 24inch?

Since your couch is only 9-10 ft away, I think 24 inches will probably be the better option since it will get the TV closer to eye level.

Badge

Sorry 2 more questions.   When I mount the arc , is the bottom of the arc at 24 inch?  And please confirm if get the extendable sonos arc mount do I still need to be 5.5 away from TV?

Userlevel 7

Sorry 2 more questions.   When I mount the arc , is the bottom of the arc at 24 inch?  And please confirm if get the extendable sonos arc mount do I still need to be 5.5 away from TV?

The bottom of my Arc is 22.5” from the floor. I would keep it around this distance.

If you are getting the Sanus extendable mount that you mentioned above then, no, the Arc doesn’t have to be 5.5” from the TV. It could be much closer since the mount allows you to extend the Arc away from the TV.

Badge

The bottom of my Arc is 22.5” from the floor. I would keep it around this distance.

If you are getting the Sanus extendable mount that you mentioned above then, no, the Arc doesn’t have to be 5.5” from the TV. It could be much closer since the mount allows you to extend the Arc away from the TV.

you are left saver!  so the bottom of your arc is at 22.5 right?

Userlevel 7

Yes, the bottom of my Arc is 22.5” from the floor.

Badge

Thank you so much for all your help. You have answer so many questions for me. Any chance you can share a photo of your setup? I had 2 friends that did the exact setup as mine but later had regrets with height of TV and sound bar placement. 

Userlevel 7

Thank you so much for all your help. You have answer so many questions for me. Any chance you can share a photo of your setup? I had 2 friends that did the exact setup as mine but later had regrets with height of TV and sound bar placement. 

Badge

I got one more question about where to put the the Sub ? I want to put in front of the equipment  next to couch.  The width is about 22 inch wide.  Can I put in front of the equipment  ?  If so do I place at 45 degrees or 90 degrees? or should put under tv ?

Badge

very nice setup! 

Badge

Here is final mock up

https://imgur.com/a/HveUqCh

Any other suggestions?

Userlevel 7

Here is final mock up

https://imgur.com/a/HveUqCh

Any other suggestions?

Looks good to me. Are you happy with it? As long as you are happy, that’s all that really matters. I like how the TV lines up with the switch on the same wall.

As far as where the Sub should go, you can always test it at different spots in the room to see what looks and sounds the best. That’s the benefit of having a wireless subwoofer.