Question

New advice: Playbar mounting location

• 25 November 2017
  • 3 replies

I'm looking for some advice on where to mount my TV and Playbar above a fireplace. My #1 concern is that I want to keep the TV as low as possible so it's not crazy high to look at. My fireplace is approx. 66" high and I'm mounting a 65" TV above it which is 33.1" wide. The ceiling is not an issue as it's a little over 12'. If I mount the Playbar under the TV I assume you need to leave a few inches clearance between both the mantle (my wife wants some space for whatever decorations she has in mind) as well as the TV which would raise the TV more than a really want to. Is it crazy to mount the Playbar above it? Would that not be ideal through? What would you guys do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

To be honest, I wouldn't mount a TV over a fireplace, unless there was a guaranty that the fireplace would never be used. The heat that comes out would be an issue for the TV, to be sure. I see this done on HGTV all the time, and I always wonder why.
The fireplace will never be used. So for the sake of advice, just assume I have to mount the TV at least that high. Will it make a significant difference sound quality-wise, mounting the Player above the TV vs. below?
I'd think at that height, it would be better to mount the PLAYBAR below the TV. Closer to ear level.